Exercises are probably the most preferred modes of increasing your muscular levels. Exercises of all types are carried out by health and physique conscious people all over the world.
While they help you stay healthy, they can render your body well in shape and make them look well toned. Though a number of exercises can be performed to build muscles efficiently, only few have been widely accepted as the best ones.
It is advisable to you to perform these exercises under the supervision of a physical trainer, lest something goes wrong while doing them. All the exercises discussed below have one thing in common. They are all multi-joint movements. This would mean usage of many joints while lifting weights.
These exercises will help you burn more calories in less time. Given below are few such muscle building exercises that will surely benefit you a great deal.
1. Pull-ups: It is a form of exercise wherein the body is suspended by extended arms which are gripped by a fixed bar. It is essentially an upper body exercise in which the elbows are bent and head is held higher than hands.
As a first step, grab the bar to shoulder width and then start pulling yourself to it. Your goal all through this exercise is to keep the chin above the bar.
This mode of exercise is particularly useful to Latissimus Dorsi and other assisting lower back muscles.
2. Deadlifts: This is a yet another popular muscle building exercise that helps you burn extra fats while giving your whole body the required exercise.
The multi-joint movements associated with it helps concentration on hamstrings, glutes and lower backs. To perform this exercise using a barbell, grip the bar firmly to shoulder width and feet shoulder width. Ensure that your chest is elevated with your butt back to keep your back in straight position. Once you have reached this position, start lifting by pushing through the ground.
You then need to stand up with the bar to complete the exercise. Repeat this many times over for effective results.
3. Squats: This mode of exercise is great for the entire body and is sure to work on different muscles of the body. It helps you burn tons of calories with special emphasis on quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings.
To perform this exercise, you need to take a shoulder width stance and look straight ahead. All this while; your chest should be kept up. You can then initiate movements to bring hips downwards and back to a bench. This will enable you to aim for and return to the original position.
4. Military press: For this exercise you need two dumbbells. Keep them at your shoulder height and press them above your head. You may then try to bring them in line with your ears as they go up. You have to press to initiate lock out and repeat the process.
5. Sled Pulls: Sleds are probably best tools you can have to shed excess fats in your body. You can work on them by dragging them forward.